Here are the last-minute events leading up to our great concert on December 1, Wednesday.
Monday, November 29
- 8am – Piano in Room 302 is moved to Ed Options
- 12:25pm – Cantamus Camerata rehearses in Room 302
- 2:45pm – Risers moved to Ed Options and set up. Thanks to Mrs. Hartzler for the use of her truck. If you can help, please meet at the faculty house garage!
- 6:30pm – Tech rehearsal for ALL students at Ed Options auditorium
- Note: extra credit invitation slips are due this day
Tuesday, November 30
- 7am – Cantamus final rehearsal in Zelman Center
Wednesday, December 1
- 6pm – Cast call for ALL students at Ed Options auditorium
- 7pm – Concert begins. There will be an intermission and refreshments may be provided at that time. Roll will be taken at the beginning and at the ending of the concert.
- 9pm (approximately) – risers are taken down, loaded in Mrs. Hartzler’s truck, and returned to TPA. If you can help with this, please meet on stage following the rehearsal.
Thursday, December 2
- 8am (approximately) – Piano is returned to Room 302 at TPA.
Hundreds joined in singing “Hallelujah” at a Philadelphia Macy’s, accompanied by the “world’s largest pipe organ.” Apparently, The Opera Company of Philadelphia was instrumental in hosting this event.
To hear this remarkable Random Act of Culture….
Students in music classes this semester can earn extra credit by inviting at least two families to the December 1 concert. Use the invitation here:
For credit, submit to your music teacher the bottom part of the form, affirming that you’ve invited your two households. Due date: November 29 in music class. Note: students must distribute their invitations by November 24 to get extra credit.
To see the list of the students who signed up for Regional Auditions and Solo and Ensemble Festival, click here:
Solo_and_Ensemble_Festival_Regional_Auditions_Participants.pdf (257.8 KiB)
Students listed as “Ensemble Singers” may be assigned to more or fewer groups, as needed to produce a great performance. We will settle the personnel in each of the ensembles over the next few weeks. We’ll also establish the repertoire for each group.
Thanks for a great sign-up, with hardly any arm-twisting from your directors!
Wednesday is the due date for you to turn in your registration form to your director. If you want to participate in Regional Auditions, or if you want to play or sing for Solo and Ensemble Festival, download this form, complete it, and turn it in to your director by Wednesday, 4:00 p.m. Note: parents need to sign this! Note: the form is no longer available because the deadline has passed.
- Vocalists: Cantamus, directed by Dr. Wolfe
- Strings: Varsity Strings, directed by Mrs. Wilkison
- Winds: TPA Winds, directed by Ms. Hanson
Thanks to our wonderful faculty, I’ve been able to arrange a schedule for combined rehearsals during the school day. All combined rehearsals take place in Room 301, the Zelman Center. Find your section and look at your schedule:
- 11/9/10 – Period 1
- 11/12/10 – Period 2
- 11/16/10 – Period 5
- 11/19/10 – Period 5
- 11/22/10 – Period 6
- 10a 11/9/10 – Period 2 go to Algebra in Room 302
- 10a 11/16/10 – Period 2 go to Physics in Room 506
- 10a 11/19/10 – Period 2 go to Physics in Room 506
- 10b 11/12/10 – Period 1 go to Physics in Room 302
- 10b 11/16/10 – Period 1 go to Algebra in Room 301
- 10b 11/19/10 – Period 1 go to Algebra in Room 301
- Mrs. Stoyanoff’s 6th period class goes to Room 505 for period 2 on 11/16/10 and 11/19/10
- 11/9/10 – Period 3
- 11/12/10 – Period 4
- 11/16/10 – Period 6
- 11/19/10 – Period 5
- 11/22/10 – Period 6
All students (including Varsity Strings and Cantamus) – Monday, November 29, 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. at EdOptions. This will be our only tech rehearsal. Every student is required for to be there for every minute of this rehearsal.
The performance is Wednesday, December 1, 7:00 p.m. Cast call is 6:00 p.m. for all performers. Performance attire required.
For more detail, see TPA online calendar and click on the event.
To download a sortable, Word document in table form of the in-class rehearsals, click here:
Find your part and sing along. The tempo is not bad.
Note: There’s no substitute for reading your score as you sing!
Thanks to Annie for sending me this link.
The Cantamus Luau was a lovely, elegant evening! The printed program captures only a small part of the magic of the evening. Our wonderful parents and students really pulled off a fine event. From the beautiful food and decor, to the delightful music and dance, it was quite an evening!
We had a head count of 153 people at the food portion of the luau — about twice as many as I anticipated. Yet, we seemed to have plenty of delicious food for everyone.
This was a fund-raising event! Thanks to the generosity of our parent committee and guests, we raised $1,683!
Congratulations to all!