The end of the year approaches and the deadlines for some final projects are nearing!
- Nine concerts remain on the pre-approved list of concerts on the Concert Review Agreement here .
- One other concert remains on the pre-approved list hanging in the music room 302 and on the Fine Arts bulletin board outside Zelman. Its date is May 20, after the deadline for submitting reviews. If you want to review this concert, please request an extension for the review by emailing me. The review will be due the next day, May 21.
- My student, Garrett Peelen, will perform his senior piano recital on Monday, May 14, 7:00 p.m. on the Zelman Center’s Petrof piano. This recital includes works of J. S. Bach, Mozart, Chopin, Brahms, and Bartók; it qualifies for review.
- We will use the two Listening CDs from next week until the close of the semester. They are due back on the day of the final examination. The final examination and several quizzes preceding it will include pieces from the listening CDs and the listening packet.
- I will call for the return of the tenor and alto recorders (for those students who borrowed them) sometime prior to final examination week. We still use the instruments (including the soprano recorders) in class nearly every day while we are studying music theory.
Note: While students are not charged for the loan of CDs and recorders, the school assesses a fee if they are not returned on time.
Note: the recorder concert and each of the written tests count the same in the grade. Students who did well in the concert (nearly everyone) also need to study to do well with the remaining written tests, too!
As always, if you have questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me. Email is preferable to phone.
Thank you! Let’s finish the semester strong!