Students in 7th and 8th Grade Music Classes can find study guides for their finals here online.
For 7th Grade Study Guide, click here.
For 8th Grade Study Guide, click here.
Don’t forget that the listening CDs are due at the time of the final examination.
- 7b: Wednesday, May 22, 8:05 – 10:05, Room 302
- 8a: Tuesday, May 21, 8:05 – 10:05, Room 302
- 8b: Tuesday, May 21, 10:25 – 12:25, Room 302
- 8c: Monday, May 20, 10:25 – 12:25, Room 302
Congratulations to Cantamus for finishing the year so well! The program was well attended and well received by everyone from whom I heard. Here’s a sample of comments I heard:
Cantamus Jazz: “Westside Story Suite” was interrupted twice by applause. “Wow! They really worked hard on that one!”
Camerata: “El Grillo was very cool.”
Women of Cantamus: “Chattanooga was great!”
Men in Black: “That was awesome” (including from Junior High Students). “That was great, having all of the men sing it!”
Student conductors Phillip and Christian: “They’re going after your [Dr. Wolfe’s] job!
Haydn’s “Awake the Harp:” “What a great piece!” “Great way to end the program!” “Impressive!”
Some people expressed surprise at how beautiful the program was; others seemed to have the attitude, “of course they were great: they are Cantamus!”
It’s been a pleasure serving as director of this fine group!
Tomorrow is our concert, with cast call at 5:30. Tomorrow in morning rehearsal we will run through the entire program (hopefully) and get your positions on stage. Please be on time! Everyone is affected by people who are late.
The concert is on Tuesday, May 7, 7:00 p.m.
- Cantamus concert attire is required. If you need something hemmed, repaired, or otherwise prepared for Tuesday, do it now!
- Cast call is 5:30 Tuesday at the performance venue; please bring your attire and eat supper beforehand. We will need to set up the risers and rehearse in the hall to get the feel for it.
- Parents and singers: after the concert we will need to set the room up for a function the next day. This will provide us with a discount in our rental fee.
- I would appreciate some student and parent volunteers to hand out programs to our audience as they arrive.
The performance venue is the Davidson Center at Grace Community Church, directly across Southern Avenue from TPA. The church campus is directly across Southern from TPA. Parking is available on the church property off of Dorsey Lane. The Davidson Center is the large building in the center of the church campus, directly west of the worship center and sunken lawn.
More information is available at the TPA online calendar. Click on the TPA Links tab above to find it.
If one of our number has a vehicle that will hold the folded choral risers, I would like to move them back to the TPA campus (across the street) following the concert.
Our final rehearsal is Tuesday for the large group. Cantamus Jazz and Camerata are rehearsing tomorrow, Friday at 7am in Room 302.
See you at the next rehearsal!