A list of over 100 concerts suitable for review is a part of the concert review agreement.
Also find other information about the concert review process on the Music Class Downloads tab.
Students are required to review two concerts this semester. Choose two you want to hear!
I hope to have a list of concerts acceptable for review in the near future. In the meantime, here are two that you may want to consider if you are a student (or parent) in 7th or 8th grade music:
- Symphony of the Southwest, Neoclassic & Romantic Masterpieces, Saturday, February 18, 2017, 7:30 PM – Mesa Arts Center. More information.
- Hayden’s Ferry Chamber Music series presents pianist Jeffrey Swann playing Franz Schubert’s Sonata No. 18 in G Major, Liszt’s “Gretchen” from “A Faust Symphony” and the Mephisto Waltz No. 1. Call box office on 480-350-2822 for a $10 student ticket; adult tickets are $25. Sunday, January 22, 2017 2:30 PM – Tempe Center for the Arts Gallery Tempe, AZ. More information. Note: all of the Hayden’s Ferry chamber music concerts are acceptable for review.
Reviews are reported on the concert review form here. Students under 16 at the time of the concert must be accompanied by parent or responsible adult.
Welcome to a new year! On this blog parents and students in TPA music classes can find:
- Course descriptions (including contact information, performance and due dates, other)
- Student concert attire (required at the concert in March)
- Forms, including the concert review form
- Audio files of possible repertoire songs for recorder students
- List of concerts suitable for review (coming soon)
Go to the Music Class Downloads tab and browse the available resources.
Parents and students may subscribe to this blog by entering an email address in the field to the upper right of the screen. I will notify you when I’ve posted something new.
Welcome again! Let’s have a great semester!