Here are the four small ensembles we are forming in Cantamus:
- Camerata – this group of eight outstanding vocalists, specializing in older, madrigal-type music has already formed. Students who would like to be a part of the group please contact Dr. Wolfe
- Cantamus Jazz – up to 15 singers perform vocal jazz, including Gershwin’s “Embraceable You.” Audition only. Click here for audition music.
- Men in Black – up to 12 singers, performing “Rodrigo Martinez” and “Bring Him Home.” Audition only. Click here for audition music.
- Women of Cantamus – up to 15 singers, performing “Weep O Mine Eyes” (Wilbye) and “Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy.” Audition only. Click here for audition music.
- Learn the audition music on your own, without help from the director. You may use whatever resources you wish on your own – a friend who plays the piano, your own instrument such as a recorder, or whatever. You won’t find the audition music on the Internet or anywhere else, since it was written especially for these auditions.
- Perform the audition music:
- Sing a cappella the four pitch/scale accuracy songs, singing the correct solfège syllables
- Sing the audition song with the words while the auditioner plays the other parts written
- Cantamus Jazz sing your voice part (S, A, T, or B)
- Men in Black sing the baritone part
- Women of Cantamus sing the middle part
Auditions are scheduled for Thursday, November 3, 7-8am, Zelman Center. If for some reason you are unable to be at the audition, you will need to make arrangements to audition with Dr. Wolfe during that day. Contact him with any questions or exceptions.