Tomorrow Men of Cantamus rehearse, 7am sharp!
Cantamus Council met today for a very brief meeting. Here’s what we quickly discussed:
1. Get-acquainted party – great job Melanie!
2. ASU Workshop – great experience
3. Trip –February 11–13 tentative date; considerations for planning this trip include:
- Educational value: the trip must have some educational value, and may also incorporate fun.
- Board approval: the TPA board must approve any trip we take with TPA students
- Expenses: seniors already have their hands full with senior trip expenses
- Date for the concept: we probably had better plan on Dr. Wolfe presenting this to the board by the October 6 meeting. Before he can do that, he must get headmaster approval.
4. Solo and Ensemble, Regional festivals –
- Deadline for registration is November 10
- Mrs. Joslin is available to help coach singers for sight-singing
5. Luau fund raiser –
- Date of October 2 is too early; perhaps October 30?
- Dr. Wolfe found Islands music; to be learned by small groups
- Plans for food
6. National anthem at game – October 22, homecoming. As many of Cantamus performing as we can have.
Next council meeting: Thursday, September 30, 3:00 p.m., Room 302