Upcoming events and unusual schedules:
- Bring your concert attire Tuesday. Please bring your concert attire to our only rehearsal this week.
- Videotaping Tuesday at rehearsal. The video is to secure permission to perform at Arizona Mills Mall. I’ll provide storage for your concert attire during the school day until you can take it with you that evening.
- Holiday caroling. The Cantamus Parent Council came up with the idea of promoting our “On Broadway” event in the local malls. The idea is for a few members of Cantamus (perhaps 15) to sing carols at the Arizona Mills Mall on a Friday from 6:30 – 7:30 or a Saturday from 2:00 – 3:00. If you are interested in doing this, meet me in the Zelman Center tomorrow at the beginning of lunch and we will choose which day or days, Friday(s) or/and Saturday(s) to request.
- Rehearsals this week. The only regular rehearsal will be Tuesday, 7am. Also, I will rehearse with anyone in Cantamus Jazz who can make it to a rehearsal tomorrow, Monday at 7am. In future weeks, I’ll plan to rehearse with Cantamus Jazz on Mondays and Fridays at 7am.
- Concert November 29. Cantamus is scheduled to sing “The Star-Spangled Banner,” “Set Me as a Seal” (conducted by Phillip), and “Ticket to the Kingdom” (conducted by Christian Seto) at the Thursday, November 29, 7pm concert. These songs are to be performed from memory. You will open for the curricular choirs. If you are very pressed for time that evening, you may wish to bring something to study during the concert, so you can listen while you read.
- Concert attire. Full concert attire is required at the November 29 event and for the caroling in the mall. I believe there may be a few members of the group who do not yet have their outfits. We will need to take care of that this week.
The Parent Council came up with wonderful ideas for “On Broadway,” including more extensive marketing than we’ve had in the past. More about “On Broadway” later…..