Cantamus boys are expected to purchase a black, long sleeve, broadcloth shirt (NOT with button-down collar available here), black dress shoes, and black dress socks. In addition, boys are to purchase the necktie, available only from the Performing Arts Assistant. Contact Dr. Wolfe for more information.
Cantamus girls are expected to purchase their own black performance gown, buckle, and belt, available only from Formal Fashions at (800) 528-7909. Allow six weeks for delivery. Customer no. 140169 (Tempe Prep).
All Cantamus singers are expected to have the red Cantamus t-shirt, purchased from the Performing Arts Department Assistant. Contact Dr. Wolfe for more information.
Dress Hemming Instructions:
- The dress hem must be hand sewn, and do not cut off any of the dress length.
- While wearing black performance shoes, along with the velveteen belt and diamond buckle, tie both belts in the back of the dress.
- Measure the hem so the dress is LESS THAN an inch off the floor. NO SHOES can be visible to the audience while standing, and the dress may not touch the floor.
Club registration form is here. It is best completed by a parent.
All singers (or rather their parents), alumni, and chaperons must register online by March 1, which is coming up very quickly!
There is a link on the form to the site where you can pay online.
You are not registered for the trip until we receive the registration form and at least the $70 non-refundable deposit by March 1. We need this information and the deposit in order to confirm the bus.
The link to register for the Disney trip is here: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/50523970515958 .
Thanks to Dannette Flores and Amy Diehl for getting this form and process online!
There will be no rehearsal tomorrow, Tuesday, February 24. I am feeling under the weather.
Cantamus singers: look for an email within the next two or three days with your price information and registration procedures. This year, registration and payment is planned to all be online. As soon as I receive the links for registration and payment, I’ll pass them on to you! Watch your Inbox.
Cantamus singers, go to Cantamus Downloads (you need the password) and look at the information on the Disney Trip!
Dr. Baum asked me today if Cantamus is available to sing the National anthem at Grand Canyon University’s basketball game on February 14, Valentine’s day. I don’t know the time yet.
This sounds like a great opportunity, since we will also receive some inexpensive tickets, which we can use as a fundraiser. Plus, it will give us great exposure and present you with the opportunity to perform for hundreds of people!
I presume the game will be in the afternoon or evening.
Tomorrow, I will ask for a tally of people who definitely will not be available on February 14 in afternoon or evening.
This is a great opportunity for us, so I hope we can do it.
What a successful night! Thank you to each and every one of you for your contributions, singers and parents alike, to make “La Vita d’Amore” such an achievement.
Tuesday, we will delay our starting time to 7:30. We will plan to do three things:
- Verify your attendance and help at “La Vita d’Amore,” important because only participants in “La Vita d’Amore” qualify for a discount on the Disney trip
- Debrief the Saturday event
- I’ll announce the rehearsal schedule for the rest of the semester
If everyone comes on time, which is 30 minutes later than our usual start time, we should be finished well before our usual end time of 7:50.
See you then!
Schedule this week
Here are the events singers and parents need to know:
Tomorrow at rehearsal 11/18/14, 7:00 a.m.:
- Photo shoot. Arrive at Zelman for rehearsal in your concert attire. Walk to Hollis Park when I dismiss you for the shoot.
- Walk back and change into school uniforms. Hang your concert attire in the music storage room.
Thursday rehearsal, 11/20/14, 7:00 a.m.:
- Last run-through of music
- Final soloist decisions
- Sign ups for special jobs (such as serving, raffle ticket sales).
- 12:00 noon: Set up of hall begins. This is not required of all singers or parents, only the ones who signed up to do it.
- 4:00: dress rehearsal and run through with orchestra. Singers in their red Cantamus shirts
- 4:45: Performers’ supper — bring your own sack supper
- 5:00: Server training
- 5:15: Singers change outfits as necessary
- 5:30: Doors open
- 6:00: Dinner is served; raffle ticket sales
- 6:15: Dinner concert begins
- 7:15: Formal concert begins
- 8:15: (approximately) Clean up the hall; all singers help
Fundraising event to support the Performing Arts
Tickets are available here .
La Vita d’Amore November 22 promises to be the most elegant, the most fun, and the most exciting evening we’ve ever produced.
- Food provided in part by award-winning Tempe restaurant VinciTorio’s is donating hundreds of dollars of exquisite Italian cuisine.
- Merchants are generously contributing to the success of the evening.
- Cantamus Parent Council members has been putting together a wonderful, memorable evening.
- The singers have never sounded better for a fundraising event.
We simply have to call it a Gala this year!
Please invite people from outside the TPA community. This fundraising gala is an opportunity for people to make a difference in the lives of young people and to hear some beautiful music! Tickets are available 24/7 here while they last.
- Uncles, aunts, grandparents, cousins, anyone related who lives in the area
- Neighbors (they might be curious as to what goes on at TPA)
- Colleagues at work (one of our students’ businesses is purchasing a table and bringing their employees to the concert)
- Friends from city sports leagues, synagogue, church, Kiwanis, other social groups
Please consider making a donation in advance of the event to cover some of our overhead. Families can contribute one or two tax credit donations. Donations can be made through the TPA web site . Scroll down and choose “Community Investment Fund”; designate “Extra Curricular Clubs” and type “La Vita d’Amore” in the comment line.
Thank you for your support of the Performing Arts at TPA.
TPA Performing Arts Fundraising Gala, November 22
Tickets are now available online: www.tpaperformingarts.org. Quantities are limited.
TPA Performing Arts Department presents La Vita d’Amore, Saturday, November 22, featuring Cantamus, Sinfonia, student performers and …
Italian cuisine provided by VinciTorio’s Ristorante and served by our own Cantamus camerieri (waiters).
- Doors open at 5:30
- Dinner served at 6:00
- Concert begins at 7:00 (approximately)
Note: if you’re planning to go to the football game that afternoon, plan to relax that evening with wonderful cuisine, charming company, and beautiful music!
As a member of our TPA Community of Learners, please think of some special people outside of our community who would love to be invited to enjoy a special celebration of life, of love, and of our wonderful students! Bring them with you!
Thank you for your support of the Performing Arts at TPA!
Please note the following announcements as we approach our busiest time of the semester!
- Football game 11/15/14: please respond to the email with a “yes” (meaning, yes, I’ll be there) or “no” (meaning, no, I won’t)
- Part check and uniform check: this happens tomorrow in rehearsal. Part check is “Gloria,” pages 8-9
- Help with online ticket sales: we need someone immediately to help by setting up online ticket purchases for “La Vita d’Amore”
- Solo and Ensemble Festival: please check your email for a confirmation of your registration
- Regional Choir Auditions: please check your email for a confirmation of your registration. Deadline to register is Friday, November 14.