Students in Dr. Wolfe’s music classes are to answer the following reflection question as part of their Final Exam. Students are asked to answer it early by email, sending their answers to Dr. Wolfe at the Contact button above.
If students are unable to answer by email, they may hand write their answers on the Final Exam itself. Either way, students are encouraged to give thoughtful responses, since the answer counts significantly in the Final Exam total and may also appear in the semester evaluation that their parents will read.
Here’s the question:
Reflection question: Thinking back over your experiences in music class this semester, write a brief reflection on anything of value you are taking away from your time. Remember that music class included, but was not limited to, the elements listed below. While you may wish to use the list to spur your memory, you need not limit your response to these items. (20 points)
- Music theory (reading and analyzing printed music)
- Music appreciation (the listening CDs)
- Concert reviews of live performances
- Sight-reading and sight-singing
- Improvising (learning to sing harmonies, making up melodies to poetry)
- Recorder technique (in junior high), vocal technique (in high school)
- Performing quizzes in preparation for the concert
- Performance before live audiences.
The last moment for students to submit answers is Friday, December 20, 2013, 11:59 p.m. Any submissions time stamped after that moment will be discarded and students will suffer the loss of points on their exams.