This article from the National Association for Music Education (NAfME) provides a comprehensive look at the benefits of music education: Education in music correlates with:
- Enhanced brain development
- Mathematical and spatial reasoning
- Reading and verbal skills
- Overall academic achievement
- Successful schools
- Social and emotional development
This entry is the third in a series of six articles about the benefits of arts education.
Thanks to Mrs. Lenore Wilkison for her assistance in researching the sources in this series.
The arts are part of the core educational experience for all students at TPA and TPJA. Our curriculum, 6th through 12th grades, calls for all students to participate in an arts class every semester.