Friday, September 3 at the Matsumoto home
Council met 9/1/10, 3-4pm, Room 302
Members present: Peter Beguhl, Brandon Ashton, Philip Wolfe, Megan Begley, Melanie Whitaker, Katie Cerino, Natalia Hankins, Lukas Attridge
1. Get-acquainted party plans – Melanie reported that plans have come together for the party; everyone is to bring a snack to share.
2. ASU Workshop – September 18; now open to juniors and sophomores in Cantamus
3. Trip – two dates are being considered: February 11–13; January 21–23. Destination undecided
4. Solo and Ensemble, Regional festivals – Dr. Wolfe will ask Mrs. Joslin (artist formerly known as Miss Benitez) about helping prepare students for the sight-singing component
5. Luau fund raiser – this idea surfaced during the meeting and not really discussed; tabled until next meeting
Next council meeting: Wednesday, September 22, 3:00 p.m., Room 302
Sign up to bring a snack to Cantamus rehearsals
Cantamus Snacks: 6:45 – 7:00 am Tuesdays
Please choose a day to bring a morning snack for Cantamus and clean up at 7:00 AM so the kids can be on time to rehearsal. They won’t have time to eat after rehearsal, and food and drink is not allowed in Zelman.
Snack ideas include: muffins, donuts, bagels, juice, fruit, or anything you want.
QUANTITY: 15 -20 singers (who arrive that early)
TIME: 6:45 AM – 7-00 AM, Tuesdays
LOCATION: TPA Kitchen
CLEAN UP: 7:00 AM, wipe counters, and take leftovers with you.
ASU Choral Leadership Workshop: open to select members of Cantamus. Contact Dr. Wolfe for more information (September 18).
We will go in quartets of SATB, so talk with your fellow singers in other sections. Presently we have openings for all parts except alto.
Students have the opportunity to rehearse and perform with outstanding directors at TPA. Our extracurricular performing arts groups include:
Cantamus – our premier extracurricular choir for high school students; directed by Dr. Wolfe
Junior High Choir – our brand new choir for 6th, 7th, and 8th graders; directed by Mrs. Veenstra
Varsity Strings – our award-winning string group; directed by Mrs. Wilkison
Junior Varsity Strings – our beginner and intermediate level string group; directed by Mrs. Joslin
TPA Winds – our brass and woodwind group, forming now
Junior High Drama Workshop – our vibrant, new group for young actors; directed by Ms. Pitman, meeting Spring semester
Candide – our full production of Leonard Bernstein’s modern classic operetta; auditions are in December; directed by Mr. Tyler, with music direction by Mrs. Joslin
ASU Choral Leadership Workshop: open to select members of Cantamus. Contact Dr. Wolfe for more information (September 18)
Regional auditions and solo and ensemble festival registration deadline (November 10): open to members in good standing of TPA performing arts groups
10th and 11th grade choirs, Cantamus, and Varsity Strings concert: End of November and beginning of December. Watch for further details as we find out more about the performance venue.
For further information, see the TPA Calendar.
Cantamus, our premier extracurricular choir is forming right now. To join:
- Contact Dr. Wolfe at TPA
- Come to rehearsal on Tuesday, 7am
- Fill out the easy registration form
- Make arrangements with the business office for payment